Friday 4 September 2009

Mad As A Hatter


The Mathew Street Festival, Liverpool, Hard Days Night Hotel Sunday 30th August 2009
...Ricky Gleason bounced higher than ever, giving a performance of such energy we had the Hotel Doctor on standby just in case... A review from the official MerseyCats web site.
Scouse O-Reilly what a day! I turned up at The Hard Days Night Hotel to find the stage set with what was an impressive array of equipment, the hotel chapel was turned into the Green Room (dressing room) for the bands, there was an expectation that something really special was going to happen, and it did; BRILLIANT! As I was claiming my space for the day, I was accosted by a make up person, who covered my face in rouge and told me that I was to be interviewed for German television, as was our bass guitarist Kel Harrison,(they'll interview anyone these days). This caused great amusement throughout the ranks and this general good humoured banter carried on throughout the day, oh! it just like the old days. The review above tells all, we had a great set, the whole place was jumping. Yes it was a very special day, sixteen bands, all the lads were fantastic but my favourite of the day was; Carl Terry and The Cruisers closely followed by Shooter. Didn't want it to end, cant wait for next year.

No comments: